Saturday, May 22, 2010

WIRELESS MOUSE

Realizing I probably would not ever see the wireless mouse I lost in my disorderly retreat from the Alonzo de Ercilla Hotel in Concepcion the morning of the big earthquake in Chile (see posting on this blog on 5/6/10), I reluctantly went to Staples near my home in McLean, Virginia, to purchase a new one. I told the sad story of my loss, and much to my great surprise I was rewarded with a new, flashy wireless mouse. I'm not sure whether the story was so believable that they felt I deserved a new mouse for what I had been through, or whether my story was so unbelievable that they gave me a new mouse for the best "story" they had heard in a long time. At any rate, I am grateful, but I still miss the old mouse, and still plan to return to Concepcion to see if by any chance they are holding it in the hotel for me. I will keep you informed.

Written in McLean, Virginia, on May 22, 2010

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite story. Love you, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an amazing story! I am glad Staples gave you a replacement mouse -- you deserved it after what you went through :)

    ReplyDelete